If you have no intention to breed from your pet then the most responsible thing to do is get them neutered. This involves a relatively quick and straight forward procedure of removing your pet’s reproductive organs, if your pet is a male then this is known as castration which refers to the removal of the testicles, if your pet is a female the term used is spaying which involves the removal of the uterus and the ovaries. Here at Jacqui Paterson’s we provide neutering services to all of our clients in the Middlesbrough area from our Preston Farm and Hartburn surgeries.
The obvious benefit of having your pet neutered is the prevention of any unwanted pregnancies, however there are also other health benefits and advantages that come with getting your pet neutered.
Neutering a female animal comes with many benefits including:
- Lowering the risk of your pet developing mammary tumours.
- Prevention of cancers in the uterus and ovaries
- Uterine infections such as pyometra are prevented
- Your female pet will no longer come in to season which will prevent bleeding and any unwanted attention and mating behaviour from males.
There are also excellent benefits that come with neutering a male such as:
- The prevention of testicular cancer
- A reduction in the chance of developing prostatic diseases such as cancer
- A reduction or complete prevention of aggressive hormonal behaviour
- Urine marking and roaming is prevented
The procedure of neutering your pet is pretty straight forward, during the surgery your pet will be anaesthetised and will be monitored constantly, once they have come round from the anaesthetic your pet may feel a little bit groggy but in most cases your pet will be able to come home with you on the same day to continue their recovery in the comfort of their own home.
We fully understand that it is completely natural for you to be anxious when it comes to getting your pet neutered but we would like to reassure you that there is nothing to worry about, the team here at Jacqui Paterson’s are all highly skilled professionals with many years’ experience of carrying out neutering procedures. You can also be fully rest assured that your pet’s health and wellbeing is always the top of our priorities.
If you are based in Middlesbrough and would like to book your pet in for a pre neuter check in our Middlesbrough surgery or if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01642 309696.