Canine Neutering Guisborough
Neutering is a surgical procedure, undertaken to prevent both female and male dogs from reproducing. Here at Jacqui Paterson’s we provide a neutering service throughout Guisborough and the surrounding areas.
In females (bitches) this is called spaying. It involves removing the ovaries and the womb (uterus), meaning that your dog will no longer be able to fall pregnant.
Benefits for Female Dogs
- A much lower risk of mammary tumours
- Prevention of cancer of the uterus and ovaries
- Prevention of uterine infections (Pyometra)
- No longer coming in to season which prevents bleeding and unwanted and attention and mating behaviour from males
- Preventing surprise pregnancies
In males (dogs) this is called castration and the process consists of having the testicles removed – this is the main source of the hormone testosterone, so levels of this hormone fall after the surgery.
Benefits for Male Dogs
- Prevention of testicular cancer
- Reduction of prostatic diseases, including cancer
- Prevention or reduction in aggressive hormonal behaviour
- Prevention of urine marking and roaming
It is natural to be anxious when it comes to getting your pet neutered which is why we would like to reassure you that the excellent team here at Jacqui Paterson’s have over 20 years’ experience performing neutering procedures and you can rest assured that your pet’s wellbeing is always highest on our list of priorities.
If you would like to book your pet in to be neutered at our Guisborough practise or would like some more information give us a call on 01642 309 696